13 Feb 2023
New routes on sale as Cork Airport on track for strong 2023
Cork Airport, Ireland’s busiest airport outside of Dublin, announced five new summer routes off the back of a strong 2022. The airport welcomed over 2.24 million passengers in a reversal of Covid era declines that affected the aviation industry.
Highlighting increased connectivity options for Cork, the airport confirmed:
- Five new routes opening in the form of Seville, La Rochelle, East Midlands, Venice Treviso and Rome Fiumicino.
- 45 scheduled routes served in 2022.
- Increased frequency on eleven key routes between London Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Lanzarote, Malaga, Faro, Alicante, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona Reus, and Bordeaux.
Countries serviced in 2022 include the UK, France, The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland and Croatia. These were operated by a variety of airlines including Ryanair, Aer Lingus, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air France, Lufthansa, Vueling, SWISS International Air Lines and TUI, together with a number of charter airlines.
Carrier Ryanair announced it will operate 270+ flights a week from the airport in 2023, offering 1.4 million seats between March and October 2023.
In 2022 Cork Airport maintained its exceptionally high customer service levels while handling increasing passenger volumes. Key metrics for 2022 include:
- A 9.2 out of 10 rating for passenger satisfaction, as reviewed by independent market research.
- Less than 15 minutes to clear airport security screening for 96.8% of passengers.
Commenting on the 2022 passenger traffic and impressive customer service figures, Managing Director at Cork Airport, Niall MacCarthy said:
“Our team works very hard at Cork Airport, to make the passenger journey seamless, friendly, and easy. The passenger satisfaction scores of 9.2 out of 10 reflect this. We thank our loyal and valued customers and encourage prospective passengers in the hinterland of Munster and south Leinster to bear this ease and convenience in mind when booking their summer holidays in 2023.”
For a list of routes from Cork Airport, see here –
Coming to Cork for a holiday or business? Plan your visit to this amazing county at dedicated visit site Pure Cork here –